Adobe Lightroom 4.1 is (finally) available.
The Adobe Lightroom 4.1 update brings support for several new cameras including:
- Canon EOS 1D X
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Canon EOS 60Da
- Canon PowerShot G1 X
- Fuji X-Pro1
- Leaf Credo 80
- Nikon D4
- Nikon D800
- Nikon D800E
- Olympus OM-D E-M5.
Other additional features and enhancements are:
• The ability to process HDR TIFF files. (16, 24 or 32-bit TIFF files)
• Additional Color Fringing corrections to help address chromatic aberration.
• Save photobooks created in the Book Module to JPEG
• Publishing photos to Adobe Revel is now accessible via a Publish plugin
• Corrections for issues introduced in previous versions of Lightroom.
How to install the new version? Easy.
1. Open your Lightroom 4 and when the software update dialog pops up click “download.” This will take you to Adobe’s download page.
2. Click on “proceed to download” and “download now.”
3. Save the file to the desktop (so it is easier to find it). The download should take about 3 minutes or less.
4. Double click on the installer, follow the step-by-step instructions.
In two weeks we will be presenting an awesome 2-day Lightroom 4 Workshop at the School of Visual Arts (SVA). We hope to see you there.