Adobe Lightroom 4.4 is out. 25 new cameras supported.
Adobe just released a new Lightroom update making this version 4.4. Lightroom now officially supports over 25 different RAW file formats. Here is the complete list.
This version adjusts the White Balance for a number of Nikons, includes a correction to the demosaic algorithms for Fujifilm cameras with the X-Trans sensor, and adds support for new lenses like Canon’s EF 24-70mm f/4 L IS USM and Nikon’s AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/4G ED VR are included. Unfortunately the Panasonic Lumix lenses are still missing.
According to Adobe, users are now (finally!) able to add contacts from their Address Book to email (on Mac). I’ll try this ASAP.
These are the main improvements added and bugs fixed:
• The crop overlay tool resized incorrectly when used in conjunction with the “Constrain to
Crop” checkbox in the Lens Correction panel
• Background graphics were not correctly rendered within the Book Module
• Reading metadata from file would sometimes result in keyword and and GPS metadata to
not save for video files
• Updated the “Missing File Icon” for HiDPI / Retina dispalsy
• The supplied lens profile for the Sony RX-1 did not contain vignette information
• Preview in Develop Module was not updated with the latest adjustments
• Square tile artifacts while painting with brush
• Previews of photos in portrait orientation were blurry when viewed in the filmstrip in the
Develop module. (Mac only)
Click to keep reading
• Image in Book Disappears After Changing Modules
• Error changing modules when in Slideshow with second monitor connected
• Stack badges displayed the wrong count when creating new stack that included a
• Local Adjustment Effect (Brushed Adjustment) Disappears (temporarily) After Selecting a
Pin (Win only)
• Book changes are not saved after switching between modules
• The Filter scrollbar within the Library module was not rendering properly.
• Auto-tone was not working properly when used in conjunction with the Exposure
adjustment slider. (Win only)
• The Black&White button was not creating a History state within the Develop module. (Win
• When switching from image to image, remnants of previous image visible on fringes of
new photo. This occurred on Retina screens only.
• RGB color readouts were specified in the Adobe RGB colorspace rather than the
ProPhoto linear colorspace. This occurred when working in Soft Proofing within the
• Horizontal artifacts would occassionally appear in DNG files.
• Adding a page behaved inconsistently in the Book module depending on the method used
to add a page.
• The state of the “Remove Chromatic Aberrations” checkbox within the Lens Correction
was not persistent between sessions of Lightroom.
• Cannot add contacts from Address Book to email on Mac
• Sliders can no longer be moved on Win by using mouse wheel.
The download files are significant in size: 427MB for OS X and 788MB for Windows OS.
Here are the direct download links for Mac OS X (requires OS: Mac OS X 10.6.8 – 10.8) and Windows OS (requires Windows 7 with Service Pack 1, Windows Vista with Service Pack 2, or Windows 8). And don’t forget to check the Tips and Tricks below. You might learn something new!
If you don’t need all the Adobe Creative Cloud bells and whistles, consider their photography plan which includes Photoshop CC + Lightroom 5 and 20GB of cloud storage for only $9.99/month!