Very early this morning, on my way to the SIXTH video shoot in seven days, I realized how similar are two of my favorite things in life: cooking and filmmaking. Let me explain.
1. You need time to find the right recipe (look and feel) and gather the best ingredients (crew, gear).
2. It is ideal to have enough time to marinate and work without rush (scout the locations and plan the shots).
3. You then need plenty of time to cook (shoot), which often requires following many steps in specific order and having the right temperature and amounts (light, camera settings).
4. The prepared meal (video clip) is often enjoyed (watched) by others within minutes (or seconds).
5. Unless your guests (viewers) cook or are into filmmaking, few realize how much time and work is behind is meal (video).
Just a random 5AM thought.