Adobe Creative Cloud for $16.58.
Amazon is offering a yearly subscription to Adobe’s Creative Cloud for $199 a year. That’s only $16.58 per month to gain access to ALL current Adobe applications.
Online all the time?
A common misunderstanding about the Creative Cloud is that users need to be online all the time to access the apps. This is NOT accurate. The applications are installed on your computer and you can use them all the time, online or offline. You only need to be online once a month so Adobe can check your license status.
Keep in mind that ONE license allows you to install each app on TWO computers. For example, you can install some or all apps on your main computer and laptop, or you can mix Apple and Windows platforms. (Why would someone do that? Stay tuned for an upcoming post).
Here’s a screen shot of the Creative Cloud apps we are using on a daily base.
In addition to the apps, the Creative Cloud offers some interesting freebies:
• 20GB of free cloud storage on Adobe Creative Cloud. We actually have been using this free cloud storage to share Premiere Pro projects back and forth. It’s been working extremely well.
• A free membership to Behance ProSite to create portfolios. We created one (click here http://bit.ly/1bQbNIh in case you are curious) but we prefer PhotoShelter in terms of features and looks.
• Access to exclusive tools like Adobe Muse to create websites without writing code. We don’t use Muse, same reason as above. By the way, a 14-day free PhotoShelter trial is also available using the code EAPWEBSITE
• Immediate access to the latest updates the minute they are available. As you can see on the image above, there’s a new update for Photoshop CC that wasn’t available 2 days ago. This is a powerful feature.
The currently supported systems are:
• Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / XP
• Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
• Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
• Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
What’s the catch? Honestly, I don’t see any.
The conditions are that a) you need to be a student or teacher, or have a valid student ID or .edu account and b) you need to pay the yearly membership at once ($199) as opposed to monthly. It seems pretty straightforward to me.
This Adobe Creative Cloud Student and Teacher Edition offer doesn’t have an expiration date, but it can disappear at anytime and for any reason. Here’s the direct link to this deal: http://amzn.to/1bPQo1Q
If you don’t need all the bells and whistles, Adobe has created a photography plan which includes Photoshop CC + Lightroom 5 for only $9.99/month http://amzn.to/1p5wZQZ