Here’s the most travel-friendly tripod for filmmakers.
For the past month or so I’ve been testing a pre-release version of MeVIDEO’s “GlobeTrotter” video tripod.
I am very impressed with the tripod’s features, and especially that MeVideo has been able to pack a full featured video tripod AND video monopod into such small footprint and weight.
The GlobeTrotter’s main features include:
- Reverse folding legs that allow for a more compact folded form that makes it perfect for traveling.
- Integrated Leveling Platform for precise, intuitive positioning of your camera on the center column without needing to adjust legs.
- Removable Flat Base Head featuring ratchet-style metal adjustment knobs for leveling.
- Head can be used on other flat surfaces such as certain sliders, jibs, half ball adapters and more.
- Split/center column allows you maximize flexibility as well as gives you the ability to get very low to the ground.
- Support for multiple cameras ranging from the Sony A6500, Panasonic GH5, Sony A7SII, Canon 5D Mark IV and all the way to the Canon C200.
- Independent locking positions for the legs let you set up your tripod anywhere.
- Integrated, stainless steel spikes can be expanded or retracted into the rubber feet for stability on any surface.
- Converts to a monopod. Simply unscrew the center column and combine with the padded leg.
- Available in anodized aluminum or carbon fiber in black or titanium and comes with a padded canvas carrying case for additional protection when traveling.
The MeVIDEO GlobeTrotter will start shipping in a couple of months, but you can move ahead of the line by supporting their Kickstarter campaign which only has a few days left.
Kickstarter contributors will receive a discounted rate of $349 for the aluminum and $499 for the carbon fiber model. When MeVIDEO publicly launches the GlobeTrotter, the retail price is expected to be $499 for the aluminum and $699 for the carbon fiber model. Hurry up and get it cheaper while you can.